Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Cards!



I Think I'm Done!

I think this is the last of my Christmas cards for this year! I love making them, though, 
so I may make a few more just for fun!
  

The first three are done with images from Mo's Digital Pencil.



 Isn't this little Elf adorable? I just love her! 
I was going to paper-piece the ornament, but messed up when I tried to print the image on the digital DP. All was not lost," as I decided to cut out the ball using an Xacto knife and mount the DP behind it. Before I did, I coated the paper with VersaMark and clear embossing powder to make it shiny.

Images: "Little Elf Mim" from Mo's Digital Pencil, SU! stamped sentiment

Tools: Copics, MS  Lace border punch and Snowflake punch, Real Red stamp pad, VersaMark pad, Clear embossing powder

Papers: SU! Real Red, Green Galore, Neenah white, PTI White, Digital DP

Embellishments: Satin ribbon, Pearl cabochons

  ################################

 

 Here's another elf from Mo with a completely different look, but just as cute!

Images: "North Pole Employee" from Mo's Digital Pencil, Digital sentiment

Tools: Copics, MS Snowflake border punch and Branch Punch, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Real Red, Garden Green, Neenah white, PTI white, Basic Grey DP

Embellishments: Candy canes, Tiny Brads, Square brad, Grosgrain ribbon

*************************


 I think this is my favorite! The sentiment came from my facebook teamie, Jo Ann Sinclair. 
She comes up with such clever sayings for images.

Inside: Hope you're stirring up some holiday fun, too!

Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: Copics, Prismacolor pencil, White gel pen, Mounting tape, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Real Red and Kiwi Kiss, Neenah white, Digital DP

Embellishments: Grosgrain ribbon, Button brad
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I really like traditional Christmas colors for cards. I'm never satisfied with cards I make
 that use unusual colors.
This is a public domain image of a bookplate. The toys were difficult to color because it was hard to distinguish what some of them were!
I layered several ribbons of differing widths for the trim.


Images: Digital vintage bookplate, Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: Cuttlebug with embossing folders, MS Snowflake border punch, 
Mounting tape, Glue dots

papers: SU! Real Red, Garden Green, Neenah white, PTI white

Embellishments: Ribbons

++++++++++++++++++++++++

  Here's an example of the non-traditional colors I mentioned! I liked the image, but couldn't get past the colors I used! Would have liked him better as a red-suited Santa!



Images: "Starry Night Santa" from Rick St. Dennis, SU! Stamped greeting

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, Cuttlebug with embossing folder and Marianne die, Star punch, mounting tape, Tacky tape, Oval punches, Blue ink pad

Papers: Neenah white, PTI white, Bazzill blue

Embellishments: Pearl sprays, Satin ribbon

=========================
I do love making Christmas cards and  love sharing them with family and friends!

Thanks for looking!
Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment