Saturday, February 16, 2013

Odds and Ends


Just  a Few Cards

I have a few cards I've made over the past few weeks that I never got around to posting.

These are Valentine's Day cards.


I love this image from Mo's Digital Pencil! I added the digital sentiment to the heart. I also printed the heart twice, cut it out, and mounted it using foam tape to give it a bit of dimension.

Inside: "...And the rest of me is, too! happy Valentine's Day!"

Images: "My Chubby Valentine" from Mo's Digital Pencil, Digital sentiment

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, Cuttlebug with Nestibilities die, Heart and Heart border punches, Mounting tape, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Turquoise, Neenah white, Valentine DP from Recollections

Embellishments, Narrow satin ribbon, Heart doily, Heart cabochons

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



Another image from Mo! Isn't she adorable?



I tried to get a picture that would  show the embossing I did on the image, but I don't think it shows up well. I did it by printing the image out regularly, then reversing it and printing it again on computer paper. I taped the computer paper image on the back of the card stock, lining up the images, then used a stylus to emboss the image from the back. The customer who bought it wanted to know how I did it!

Inside: "...Always makes me smile! Happy Valentine's Day!"

Images: "Full Heart" from Mo's Digital Pencil, Computer-generated sentiment

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, McGill envelope punch, Embossing stylus, Dimensional Dot, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Real Red Cool Caribbean, Neenah white, SU! DP

Embellishments: Heart doily, Ruffled gingham ribbon, Stitched ribbon, Heart cabochons

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



This last one uses a digital image from SU!. Her dress was plain, so I added the little flower pattern to give it some interest. The ruffle around the sentiment is ruffled ribbon cut down the middle and attached with tacky tape.

Inside: "It's me, Silly! Happy Valentine's Day!"

Images: "Greeting Card Kids" from SU!, Digital sentiment

Tools: Copics, White gel pen, White marker, Cuttlebug with Cheery Lynn border and flourish dies, Tacky tape

Papers: SU! Cranberry and Caribbean, Neenah white, SU! DP

Embellishments: Grosgrain ribbon, Doily, Ruffled gingham ribbon

Hope you liked them!
 Elaine

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are magnificen!!! Love those red doilies!!!!

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete